2002 9n polo tdi, seems to of lost power?

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by Ozza, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Ozza New Member

My new 2002 (well new to me!) 9n polo sport 1.4 TDi seems to of lost some of its power, everything works fine with it and there are no warning lights on etc, and until today everything was fine with it, but now it takes ages to even get to 60mph and doesn't want to go much faster, there doesn't seem to be much torque anymore either, and its really strange.

its just had a major service at the main dealer, with cambelt, and its also just passed its mot. The previous owner did say it might need a new cat in the next 12 months as parts of the exhuast has some corrosion, but they only said this because thats what the mot dude said.

So does this sound familiar to anyone? could it be the cat thats making it so panfully slow? and where has all the torque gone?

sorry if these are idiot questions, i know nowt about polos or tdi's

any help would be cool

Cheers

Austin

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

they can pick up issues and end up in limp mode.

no boost leaks? gunked up n75? egr stuck open?

3. Supercharged Forum Member

Tke it back to the dealer if it's just been serviced - need VAGCOM really...

May be a dead MAF if it feels your driving without a turbo...

4. mexicorich Forum Member

Or of course if it feels as though you are driving without the turbo, perhaps you are...........