2004-2005 German GTI reports???

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by Cernicalo1, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Cernicalo1 New Member

Does anyone know where to find consumer reports, or actual long term road test data for the 2004-2005 German GTI (based on the MK5 Rabbit), so I can get an idea of how the current 2006-2007 GTI sold in America will perform?

2. Admin Guest

3. Cernicalo1 New Member

Yes, can you help??

Yes, I definitely would like to know the test data. I have tried all the available magazines, and have subscribed to Consumer reports, but nothing is listed for the European version of the golf based GTI for the past two years. I have also sent emails to a few VW groups from Europe, but no one has replied . I am contemplating purchasing a 2007, but after getting badly burned with a previous model, I think it is only wise to look for the data that should help me decide. You might have seen my other similar threads, and if you did I hope you understand my situation. I am a lifelong VW fan, and I still believe in their company, but they certainly have made more than a couple of mistakes in the recent years, and I don't want to pay for them again.

So, would you happen to know where to get the information I need?

Thanks,
    Infante

4. Admin Guest

no

i have no idea,

you plan on crashing it then?