20vt conversion wiring spark issues please help!

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Nick Evans, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Nick Evans New Member

Hi there, so I’m just finishing up my 20vt conversion on my mk1. Had the loom made by a company who regularly do them. I had the setup running in my previous shell but since reshelling and changing a few bits. Now it’s not getting any spark or injection, my throttle pedal doesn’t work,etc. its getting power to pins 1-2 on the coil pack harness through the permanent live, so is everything else on the loom. The coil packs are actually very warm despite just being plugged in is this normal? Ecu been demobilised etc, it was running previously. Bad CAS? CPS? Maybe bad earth? All I’ve done differently is extend the main car loom to run round the inner wing for loom tuck, however the engine loom is untouched, so I’m really stuck for ideas, The ecu has power going in and out through the 428 relay, although one pin reads 12.3v and others read 11.8v. Sorry for rambling, but any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  2. cupracraig

cupracraig Paid Member Paid Member

the best thing to do in this situation is to write what you have wired to where..i.e.
    G4 - Green/black to ecu pin 5 etc etc

that way we can see what you have done and then help with it. otherwise its just a stab in the dark

3. Nick Evans New Member

A company made the loom for me like I said so I don’t know. It ran before so can’t see why it won’t run now. The ecu has power going through it but doesn’t seem to be active as nothing works, no dbw pedal action, spark etc.