21st Century Beetle - Beetle VW Advert

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by Deako, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

This is great. Just caught it on the TV and had to go find it online. :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]8ulbjaKmKG0[/YOUTUBE]

2. theboymike Forum Junkie

Excellent [8D] :lol:

3. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

4. Admin Guest

the new beetle does look tempting.

5. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Bit of a Porsche influence?

[​IMG]

6. Newey Forum Member

im currently trying to persuade the girlfriend to trade in her 08 bettle for one when they come out! really like them

7. Admin Guest

I thought squashed rocco/Golf

The interior looks lovely in it.

GF was thinking of another Beetle but will wait for this one to come out.

8. theboymike Forum Junkie

Looks nice that - certainly better than the abject crock of a*se that was their last effort :lol:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  9. nhoj62

nhoj62 Forum Member

totally ugly heap the view of it's rear is even worse, far to porsche cayenne for my liking

10. retrowhore Forum Member

Like my school reports: Could do better.

Its like an americanised (is that a word?) cross between the last one and the 'Rocco.

It looks more like very other eurobox VW with every revision. By all means go that way, but call it something else!!! As an owner of a proper Beetle (aircooled) I find this latest model almost offensive. The unique features of the original are all but lost in the mire.

I think with the Beetle and the 'Microbus' concepts they have knocked out very few years, that VW have devolved. The originals were innovative, unique in many respects and set the trend for other models. The Karmann Ghia was developed from the Beetle, as the Scirocco was from the Golf.

Now VW's answer is to try and reverse that process and some magic has been lost in the translation.

What they need is to go back and create a totally new platform for these 'icon' series cars. Something different, but suiting the retro packaging needs and with some funky, technologically advanced design ideas. If the original Beetle chassis package worked then why not try something equally as flexioble with a new model? The Smart car used the same basic principle with a package of parts and a unique structure. It defined the styling and retains its identity still.

Just my 2 penneth.

11. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

What a load of grumpy sods posting on the forum tonight. Who gives a feck about the actual car, check the insect jumping and broad siding. :thumbup:

12. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

i love the ad and dont think there is much difference between this new beetle and the old 'new' beetle . Cant wait to see it after people have lowered them and added a few tasty mods