280mm G60 brake upgrade for 16v worth it?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Rustbuster, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Rustbuster

Rustbuster Paid Member Paid Member

No, my last experience at kwik-fit wasn’t good either. Boy tried to get locking nut off with an impact gun having removed all 4 other nuts first (my misses Range Rover), then used a breaker bar with a really deep socket on the lock key and I watched from the office as he let it slip, rounding off the locking nut and the key. Then chiselling it off mashed up the wheel around that area. Only wanted the wheel balanced. Was well chuffed!!! What happened to you?

2. Finite

Finite Paid Member Paid Member

Mine was a complete saga catalogue of errors from start to finish through multiple useless hands and 4 trips to sort it. The worst by far is 1 of 2 new rear tyres completely deflating in less than 24hrs. The evening before I did a 90 mile round trip to a gig on a rainy Friday rush hour in November.

I went to see Spector and almost became one! It must of been seriously under on the way back as it was wreaked inside when they took it off. Missed a second local date of the same band as I had my doubts about the combo of ancient spare/other new tyre which was eventually refitted.

I seriously looked into doing the whole job myself in future, but the sticking point is balancing. A 50's style bubble jobby just won't cut it.

3. Rustbuster

Rustbuster Paid Member Paid Member

That’s shocking. Really bad news. There’s a huge difference between booking in at a garage where they have to make the job pay and doing it yourself when we’re not up against the clock. Whenever I go to do a job on my car I end up sorting 5 more things, however minor, that I find along the way that just wouldn’t be considered if it was a in garage.