2ltr 8v TSR Engine Spec

Discussion in 'TSR Performance' started by phil northwich, Jan 24, 2012.

1. phil northwich Forum Member

Hi Guys,

In the next week or so I will be removing a 2ltr 8v TSR engine from a MK1 Golf ready to put in my Mk2 Scirocco.

Due to the Mk1 being sat for a good 3 years I will be stripping it and replacing all gaskets and belts.

Due to not having a huge amount of info on the engine other than it being a 2ltr 8v TSR and not knowing a huge amount about these engine I was wandering if I need to buy any specific gaskets?

From generally listening to the engine when it was last ran it is the standard Brandshatch Engine and not the track Hi lift Cam one.

If anybody could give me any info on this that would be awesome. I think i may also need to replace the sump.

Cheers

Phil

2. phil northwich Forum Member

soooooo im guessing there isn't any spec on this. How do I tell if its short or long?

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Short / Long depends on the engine code - should still be stamped on the block.

I think engine specs would have depended on what the individual customer wanted, so would have varied depending on budget, etc.

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Tall blocks are indentifiable from the casted inverted crescent just below the top face. You can see it below the furthest two cylinders:

[​IMG]

-ignore the red circle, crank sensor.