3.0TDi Unknow DTC 05716

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by treebirch, May 19, 2013.

1. treebirch Forum Member

Hi all,

I have recently bought a 2008 A6 3.0 TDI Avant with 100,000Kms on the clock, it has been going well for the last 4000k's until this morning when I opened the boot and heard what I can only describe as a waterfall, the tailgate was of full of water after heavy rain over the last few days. I have removed the drain plugs and tried to shake most of the water out. I need to investigate where the ingress is happening, I suspect the RHS tail light as when I turned up at the dealer to pick the car up it was being changed. Co-incidentally or not, I started the car this evening and the fuel gauge read 0 and flashed up at me, "Please refuel", this was a bit of a surprise as I filled up to the brim yesterday and I have been getting between 800-1100kms out of a tank depending on journeys. When I got home this evening I got the Super VAG diag' tool onto it and came up with a DTC 05716 "no data". I googled the code and got nothing of any substance back but there has been some chat about it on a Polish forum. I can't work out really what the general gist of the chat is. Has anyone suffered this before? Any ideas?

Any advice of knowledge greatly appreciated! My fear of a bill from the French Audi dealer is not worth thinking about, they have stopped employing people with brains and now just employ fitters, they plug the car in, come up with a fault code that normally points to a sensor, replace said part and completely ignore the potential root of the issue.

2. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

It seems there's a common fault with these fuel senders.
    However, it normally only starts when the tanks a bit lower, and gradually gets worse. Mine's done it once or twice, but not done anything for a while now.

Not sure about the leak I'm afraid. You'd probably have more luck on one of the Audi forums.

3. treebirch Forum Member