3.6L V6 engine coming soon

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by trendy tramp, Feb 10, 2005.

1. trendy tramp Forum Member

Just had some details about a new VW/Audi 3.6L V6 coming out supposedly sometime this year.A development of the 3.2L engine, it is equipped with FSI and rated at 209kW which is approx. 280Hp. For Passat, Toureg and Phaeton.

Anyone else heard about this?

tt

2. Andy947 Forum Addict

No doubt be developed into the R36 aswel.......

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

We ran an article on this on our website a while back. At the time VW registered the R36 name, and Porsche were very unhappy as they are contracted to use the 3.2 version for some time. It means the Touareg will outperform it (well the v6 version).

However, the reports are pretty much conclusively saying that the Mk5 R variant will be an R34.

4. prof Forum Addict

so maybe it's a long stroker more suited to low rev lugging

5. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

I was talking to lad that works in a dealer, he told me a R34 & R36 versions of the engine are coming...

I know nothing else other than that [:v:]

6. mattwelcer

mattwelcer Forum Member

Here in Germany the German magazines have only mentioned the R32 and later the R36 (well what i have read so far in Gute Fahrt a VW dedicated magazine here in Germany).

Nothing about a R34 yet. [:s] If i remember this week i'll have a chat with the guys at our local VW garage, see what they might know.

Meanwhile i'll check out a few other car websites, see whati can dig up on the German speaking sites! :)