312mm / 256mm calipers on mk3 - which brake lines do I need?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by ham&cheese, Apr 29, 2016.

1. ham&cheese Forum Member

Sorry if this has already been answered chaps; I spent a good 20mins searching through previous threads with no joy!

Anyway, hoping someone can shed some light on this for me:

Bought some Audi TT 312mm and 256mm calipers to put on my Mk3 Golf GTI, and am having a Mk3 rear beam with Mk4 stub axles fabricated for me, but the one thing I can't quite seem to work out or get a definitive answer on is which brake lines I should be using. I'll be looking to buy braided items, simply because the price difference isn't huge and I'd prefer the look of them over standard items (even though it's not something you'd look at very often).

Any help or advise would be very much appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  2. SimonG Forum Member

It's the caliper carriers that vary to suit the size of the brake disc, it's not always the caliper that differs. What calipers do you currently have?

3. ham&cheese Forum Member

I have the carriers to go with the calipers, for both front and back, as well as the 6mm spacers for the back as the units I bought were off an AWD model TT.

These are going to be going onto the Mk3 GTI 8v, which I believe have the same brake line connection on the calipers as their 16v and VR6 counterparts with their 288mm fronts.

I'm just a bit baffled as to which brake lines I should be ordering for both the front and the back, as the new setup came minus lines.

Thanks again.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  4. ham&cheese Forum Member

*bump*

Anyone?