360 and ps3 question!!!

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by whitehot8v, Feb 25, 2007.

1. b'locks Forum Addict

ok, so can you please elaborate on how you think the pros of the ps3 FAR outweigh anything the 360 has to offer because from what i can see the only thing the ps3 has over the 360 is bluray. which imo definately does not outweigh the fact that you can buy a 360 with 2 top games and extras for under 200.

the bluray player, if anything like the dvd player which came with the ps2, will be crap compared to 'proper' bluray players which you'll be able to buy in a couple of years time.

let alone the proven fact that the 360 is actually technically also a better games console in terms of graphical power.

i think you have your Sony blinkers on tbh but i'm willing to hear what you've got to say to back up your statements. ;)

2. scottgroovez Forum Member

A potentially massive boost for Sony is the Japanese market's love of RPGs which the PS3 will have hundreds of being that Sony is a Jap company. This won't mean naff all for the rest of the world though. XBox Live is brilliant and well thought out, Sony are going to have a tough time making their online service better or even as good. The 360 has had a massive headstart over the PS3 in terms of user base. For me the PS3 doesn't offer over and above anything the 360 does, yet they want us to pay 150 more for the privilege. No doubt I'll get a PS3 at some point, but at the price it is I'm not going to be an early adopter.

3. Valleys boy Forum Member

Here's my tuppence worth:

If anyone's seen demos of upcoming PS3 games then this thread would be pointless because the fact is, the demos I've seen will p*ss over anything on the 360 so far! AFAIK gears of war is probably the best 360 game, yet I've seen numerous PS3 demos which look way better!

The proof is in the pudding my friends!

4. mk1steve Forum Member

strange because every demo i and my friends have seen all say the same thing, the backgrounds are stuck on images of mountains, the race track is square and doesnt load quickly as it judders and the final fact we crashed the ps3 playing the demo on the first test run!!!!!!

this is why i dont think much of them:lol:

5. scottgroovez Forum Member

Graphics do not a game make. Gears of War whilst graphically excellent, is a pretty shallow game.

6. maxVeins Forum Member

How about going and checking out video's for crysis, and then realising that the PS3's graphics have already been surpassed.

You want shiny graphics, you buy a badass PC, you want games that are actually fun, you buy a wii. simple as.

I'm not saying its a bad console, well actually I am, but what I'm really saying is that its just a little superferlous to anyones needs, it does so much, but nothing that can't be done already, and hasn't been surpassed already... See what I'm saying?

Console developers should stop trying to turn them into PC's, you can't upgrade a console to keep up with technological advances, that market is covered and owned, they should concentrate on making a gaming experience available for everyone and anyone, just like Nintendo have done and aways will do.

7. Valleys boy Forum Member

Yeah, but how much would a badass PC cost which was capable of the same sort of graphics and running the same frame rates (with all detail and anti-aliasing an ting switched on) cost? Much more than a console I reckon!

8. b'locks Forum Addict

true...but then when you consider that consoles are now made with HD in mind you really need to add the cost of a HD television to the equation.

plus how many people have consoles but then also own pc's anyway??? if you have a decent enough pc then there's no need to buy both....

then you've got the fact that pc games are more or less 20 cheaper than console games.

pc's can also be upgraded as technology improves, whereas with a console you're stuck with the same technology for half a decade.

anyway, didn't want to turn this into a pc/console war..

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  9. Claypole Forum Junkie

Against my better judgement I bought a 360 so I'll have something I can have a quick go of when I move into my house downstairs on my 42" plasma. Only have Saints Row and COD3 for it at the minute and they are ok at what they do.

Played other stuff which is ok but if I want a proper game I'll go upstairs and play Battlefield 2 on my pc and in 28 days time Crysis which if any of the console fanboys have seen ****es all over any of them PS3 included.

Who cares how much it costs to build a gaming spec. pc it's only money. ;)

(video card for my new system was 390.00... ) :lol:

10. craggsy Forum Member

The best thing that anyone has said.....its what we work for, to spend and enjoy

11. golf2 Forum Member

Its the Bluray player which does it for me, which isn't crap apparently but we'll have to wait and see.

Also the free online gaming, far better range of games as always with the Playstations, HDMI connection ("While Microsoft claimed that the 360 would usher in HD gaming, it seems like only the PS3 will truly support it."), 1080p output as standard, dual screen support, far greater connectivity inc memory stick port, compact flash port, USB 2.0 port, Bluetooth, PSP connectivity, new eye-toy HD camera, built in hard drive as standard, internal power supply so you dont have to find somewhere to store a brick, more backwards compatibility than the Xbox, supports upto 7 wireless controllers at once, wireless contollers as standard which are tilt sensitive like the wii, and no bad reputation for going wrong so damn quickly as was shown on Watchdog! I know this could still be the case with the PS3 but it hasn't been rushed out like the Xbox 360 so more time has been taken in developing it, etc etc etc.......

I know its too early to really judge the PS3 as it isnt even out yet, but if it actually does all of the above and does it well, it would be a far superior machine for me personally.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  12. superden Forum Addict

I reserve judgement until I have an opportunity to test a PS3. I had a go on a mates 360 recently and I have to say I was quite impressed, Rainbow Six Vegas was pretty good.

13. whitehot8v Forum Member

i think i'll save my pennies for now and just get the 360 until the price of the ps3 goes down and the teething problems are sorted;)
    thanks for the 3 page debate:lol:

14. golf2 Forum Member

You're welcome :lol:

You wont be disappointed with the 360 :)

15. Admin Guest

Apart from the constant crashing of the 360 that is!! Damn Microsoft!!
    Had mine 2 Months and crashes at the worse poss times!!

Just waiting for my PS3 to arrive now!

16. golf2 Forum Member

Probably overheating, you can get external clip on fans to aid with cooling if you can be arsed

17. Admin Guest

Heard bad things bout those fans.
    Fans being put in the wrong way round so they draw in heat rather than getting rid of it!!

The 360 only there while i wait for the PS3 to be honest, still though managed to buy about 12 games for it in 2 months! DOH!! all that money.

18. golf2 Forum Member

Stick em on Ebay, i sold all mine on there and got quite a lot for them. Much more than trading them in.

19. VR6gaz Forum Member

PS3 all the way