4 stud brake conversions

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Chris, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Chris Forum Member

I will at some point need to do something with my brakes. I was wondering what can be done to change the rears to disks without changing the axle to go 5 stud and use original parts. And if something can be done 4 stud wise, is it possible to put bigger disks on. Its a 1.4 mk3.
    Thanks

2. MarkGolf Forum Member

I'm in the process of doing mine!
    I did fit Raddo G60 280's but I broke the little bleed nipple, so had to go back to standard till I sorted it, but sorted now and being re-fitted on Saturday if it dont rain!
    So yeah

U can fit G60 280mm discs on the front and keep the 4 stud pattern. To do this, I changed the hubs, carriers, calipers,track rod ends(dont have to change them) and fitted braided hoses. Might have missed something..

On the rears, Im fitting a whole new rear beam as I bent mine, getting a VR6 one and fitted Mk2 16v discs and using the other 4 braided brake lines I have..

For you, You can just change the stub axles and fit the discs, then get the calipers and ancilaries!
    oh yeah,change the brakes lines to....

Quite an easy thing to do!

3. prof Forum Addict

what he said