400bhp td05 20g :-)

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by ben mk2, Sep 27, 2015.

1. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Is that the td05

2. ben mk2 Forum Member

Yeah, next to a K04 for reference! Well the mapping went well. Had an initial issue with the aem output from the boost gauge. Turns out it was ****e! Chris at efi parts had a decent map sensor on the shelf so we popped that in and away we went. I'd already fitted some used eagle F1's on the front as the ad08's would've probably got too hot. No major dramas after that, needed an extra strap at one point (breaking traction on the rollers). This made me kinda proud in a sad sort of way!!!

[​IMG]

The setup wasn't happy with more than 1.6bar which gave us 365bhp and 320ft/lbs. I was initially a little gutted as I had 400 in my head. However, having driven it I'm more than happy!! It's ridiculous fun :-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lambda reading looks a little off as that's the reading from the exhaust tips.

The diff, tyres, lack of cheap coilovers etc make it a pleasure to drive. The driveability off boost is great, cold starting is spot on too. Got to fit a little something just to crack the throttle butterfly open a smidge at idle but that's nothing serious. I want to fit a fuel pressure sensor and link that up to the ecu then go back to the rollers and see why is wasn't happy with more boost. But for know I'm going to try my hardest not to either break something or mess about with it!! I've completely fallen back in love with the car and I'm so glad I stuck with it!

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nightroamer and notenoughtime like this.
  3. ben mk2 Forum Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notenoughtime likes this.
  4. notenoughtime

notenoughtime Moderator Moderator

Excellent 365 is good especially with 320ft/ib torque which is what counts :thumbup: