5 door MK2 Golf - window seals

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by Phil Roberts, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Phil Roberts Paid Member Paid Member

So I’ve owned my MK2 Golf for about a month now, it’s sat in my garage while I do bits to it until I’m able to get it on the road (It’s my first project car and new to it all).
    Since I’ve owned it, I’ve been looking to fully replace the window rubber seals around all 4 windows but I CAN’T FIND THEM ANYWHERE. There are plenty of second hand ones about but no new ones.

So far I’ve managed to change the scrapers on all 4 windows... but that’s it.

Could anyone help? :cry:

2. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

£53.16 | 4 PCS INNER DOORCARD WINDOW SCRAPER FOR VW GOLF JETTA MK2
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_BS7TM9

Theres inside ones, sure somebody was looking few weeks ago and said look on aliexpress, may need to search with different phrases

Phil Roberts likes this.
  3. davidut5 Forum Member

Some ghetto mod but what can you do! I had some clear tubing with very thin wall about 10mm thick. Cut length wise and tucked under the sealing lip. The power windows worked slow at first but definitely an improvement in noise. The mirrors let some wind noise to, so sealed those as well. Its pretty quiet unlike a coupe jetta without the work.