7mm valve stems for 8v

Discussion in '8-valve' started by Jettin', Mar 18, 2004.

1. mark25 Forum Junkie

let us know how you get on, good or bad?
    M.

2. Jettin' Forum Member

Can anyone find me a part number or some dimensions of the 2L 8v crossflow exhaust valves. They should be 7mm stem but need to know if they fit in my 8v head. I think that the length that I am after is 102.6mm but I will measure this tonight.

I will stick to the 38mm inlets, 8mm stem inlet but will get the valve worked on to reduce the stem within the inlet passage reduced to 7mm (or maybee 6.5!). I am putting a new exhaust on on Thursday, along with a flowed inlet and proper 8v diji manifold.

I will be taking it for a tune-up after this so will get an RR graph. It will also have a RR session after I have put the head on so it should be a good comparison as to what power gain will be had. My current head is knackered ATM so it wont be all that comparable but should give me a good guide.

Cheers,

Chris

3. mark25 Forum Junkie

according to my mk4 haynes (3727) the values above are for the 1.6 SOHC and 2.0 8v X-flow SOHC.
    M.

4. Jettin' Forum Member

Do you know the engine codes for these?

Cheers,

Chris

5. mark25 Forum Junkie

2.0 X-flow = APK or AQY

1.6 = AEH, AKL and APF
    M.