'89 Corrado 16v - ABF KJET - Fun weekend car

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by xan_lee, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nice. Looks good.

do you have a link to the catch can?

2. xan_lee New Member

3. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Indeed but with 19mm outlets, they’re usually £50+ and ridiculous colours.

4. xan_lee New Member

Finally got time to do the headlights relay harness and I must tell, it is worth the effort.

As recommended by rubjonny I follow this diagram, 1 relay per headlight only for dipped:

[​IMG]

I bought some oem style connectors, so I don't need to cut the standard loom:

[​IMG]

Before I measured at the bulb and it was getting only 10.1 volts
    [​IMG]

So this is the loom I made all ready to use. As you see only 12v battery and earth must be connected, and clip it between the standard loom and the headlights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I am getting 13.5 Volts at the bulb, well worth it!!

[​IMG]

It is really bright now, the phone camera could not focus because of that:

[​IMG]

erreesse, bri and Mk2daz like this.
  5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

great stuff, looks like a nice neat job :)

6. George Murphy New Member

For anyone else about to do their own headlight wiring loom for a Corrado, there is a UK Company I found when I was making mine, called Auto-Click (Auto-Click UK - Automotive Connectors (auto-click.co.uk), they stock the male and female OEM type connectors (with pins) as shown in the pic below the wiring diagram, VW 4 pin Flat Contact housing part nr: 357941165, Auto-Click's replica version- female 357 941 165 / 357941165 Auto-Click part number: 4-AC237 @ £2.74 ea, Male Part nr 357941165 Auto-Click part number: 4-AC283 @ £2.63 ea.
    As these are replica's they are perhaps not quite as accurate as OEM, a bit tight for the headlamp connector plug, but go on ok with a bit of a push, they also do other OEM type connectors. worth a look, I have used them a couple of times, quick delivery.
    I would suggest 3 x relays, 1 for each low beam side, and one for both high beams, with Fuses in line from the battery + supply.

NateS2 and costel1969 like this.
  7. NateS2

NateS2 Paid Member Paid Member

Good find there. Its also worth checking the TE connectivity site (They own AMP, the company that make most VW connectors). It's a bit overwhelming to look through everything but their live chat support is really helpful and you can get pretty much every pin and most connectors shipped free next day.