8v downpipe on 16v manifold

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Matas, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Matas Forum Member

Hey! I can't find any 16v downpipes on the internet. Does anyone know any sites where I could order a downpipe of some sort for 16V?
    If not, does 8v downpipe fit to 16v manifold? Are the diametres of pipes the same? Any restrictions on flow?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

8v dowbnpipe fits, its smaller bore though 45mm for the 8v vs 50mm for 16v but tbh it doesnt make all that much difference if its relatively standard. mk3 golf 2.0 8v/16v downpipe plus decat pipe is a good alternate, 16v system then will fit straight on. bear in mind sometimes the decat can end up a little long so need chopping back. decat pipes are getting harder to find these days mind

3. Matas Forum Member

Thanks for the reply, i've been told that 8v downpipe will hit bulk head on Ibiza

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

I wouldnt have thought so, ibiza has a larger tunnel similar to mk3 golf? unless its offset to the side slightly vs mk2/3... ibiza do have specific downpipes mind but some of them are shared with polo classic (saloon/estate) not that those are any more common :lol: