8v tuning

Discussion in '8-valve' started by mk2vivs, Sep 6, 2008.

1. mk2vivs Forum Member

does anyone know anywhere in leeds or surrounding that would be able to tune up a 2e engine for me?ive got another afm and id like to fit it and have it all checked/tuned

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

2e setup is almost the same as mk2 digifant, have a look at my guide :)
    only difference is to set co you put it in the sniffer pipe on manifold not zaust pipe, and the ecu temp sensor is a black 4 pin jobber not blue 2 pin.

3. mk2vivs Forum Member

this 2e i have has a blue 2 pin sensor and wiring as its from a seat toledo gt.it did have the sniffer pipe but i removed it and blocked the back of the manifold.can i still set it all the same?

4. rubjonny

ah ok must have been an earlier 2e then, in that case do the blue one :)

5. mk2vivs Forum Member

i think its a 91 set up.has no lambda probe and just exact same wiring as mk2 plug and play.i changed the blue sender for a gsf one also changed the vac pipes for some new dealer stuff as said in your write up.just wanna get it all timed up.do you reckon id benefit from having a vernier pulley fitted that i have?its got a kent gs2h cam in it and it only seems to kick in or really pull power at about 4000rpm onwards?cheers

6. rubjonny

right is this a 'proper' 2e or is it a 2e bottom end with a mk2 head one it?

7. mk2vivs Forum Member

this is a proper 2e complete

8. rubjonny

hmm interesting, I didnt thin k any 2e engines would be plug n play into a MK2, or do you mean you changed the engine bay loom to fusebox as well? Plus I thought they all had cats as std, maybe its a dody SEAT thing :lol:

either way its the same tuning method as in my digi FAQ guide :thumbup:

9. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

pictures may be useful to clear up some of the confusion

10. mk2vivs Forum Member

ill try get some for you and yeah no need to change the fusebox it had a motor loom just like a mk2 set up that plugged straight into the fusebox(later type).on your tuning method the flywheel has a diamond and a dot ones for TDC is that the diamond?ive had a lightened flywheel put on it and i know i have the diamond still visible on the flywheel but not too sure on the dot

11. mk2vivs Forum Member

that is to say small round dent

12. rubjonny

right so you fitted the engine loom to the mk2 fusebox, that makes more sence :)

the smaller punch mark is used when you set the bottom end to TDC for the belt timing, then you fire up the car and line up the diamond at 2.25k rpm with the blue sender disconnected

13. mk2vivs Forum Member

so i make sure its all correctly timed up i.e cam bottom end tdc with the punch mark.then when i have get it up to temp turn off unplug blue sender start revs up to 2.25k and that diamond should line up with the point on g.box