'94 passat master cylinder and servo into mk2 gtd

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by shane d, Dec 26, 2007.

1. shane d Forum Member

Hi all. Well this morning i pulled the passat out of the hedge and found that it is indeed 4 stud so am going to use brake parts for my mk2 gtd. I put the master cylinder and servo out of the passat into my gtd today but the threaded holes in the master cylinder for the brake pipes are located differently in the passat and mk2 golf. The passat master cylinder has one threaded hole on the top and one threaded hole in the bottom. Which controls front and which controls rear brakes??? I presume i can heat and bend the existing pipes to suit but i need to know which goes where??

The other problem is that with the new Passat servo and master cylinder in the golf, the brake pedal is about 6-8mm away from the brake light switch which seems strange. Any one have any ideas on this?? Possibly weld a spud onto the pedal to make up height difference or can i adjust the servo rod without upsetting things??Cheers in advance guys.. Shane

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  2. shane d Forum Member

Bump... Anyone??? passat estate (2E engine 4 stud setup)

3. shane d Forum Member

B U M P [:^(]

4. Mat-R Forum Member

Hi, yes you can bend the pipes a bit but don't use heat (warm it a little if you like but don't use a flame) If the pipes had been replaced previously with copper, the job would have been much quicker.
    If you have problems, take the pipes off and get new ones made up at your local garage for a couple of quid.
    The brake light switch should be self adjusting. Carefully pull the plunger on the switch (you'll hear a ticking noise) until it stops then operate the pedal to adjust it :)

5. shane d Forum Member

Thanks for that info dude. What about the location of the brake pipes where they connect to the master cylinder(which one goes on top and which one goes on the bottom or does it matter. Many thanks.. Shane

6. shane d Forum Member

Ok.. Update as follows. I checked out the brake pipes on the car and it seems at a glance that the front and rear lines are teed together so i randomly joined the 2 brake pipes to the passat mc so we'll se how it goes.