a bit lost...suspension quest.

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by mk1_nutter, Oct 23, 2003.

1. mk1_nutter Forum Member

basically im looking for a suspension kit for my mk1 drive i want to go low (wheels just inside the arch, a little like the cab below) but i think coilovers are a bit out of range but u never know. what company sell kits lowering more that 60mm and who sell the cheepest coilovers...i am aware of venom.
    i would appreciate all ur help as i am finding it difficult to find anyone due to lack of knoledge.

Thanx PauL_GTi

2. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

never seen springs more than a 60mm drop - prob because it wouldn't be a good idea. if you want it lower than 60mm on springs i think you'd have to chop the springs.

in my opinion lower than 60mm on dampers n springs ain't a very good idea. some coilovers you can adjust the stiffness so there's not much movement- i think with dampers lower than 60mm, on a fast bend or hit a pothole and you're gonna have problems because they are too low and soft. another downside is if you chop the springs and it's too low and scrubs, tough. with coilovers you just wind em back up again til it stops scrubbing- much more practical.

my advice is wait til you can afford a set of coilovers if you want to go that low. even price raceland ones - they ain't that more expensive than a good set of dampers n springs, will be more practical, and you'll be able to fine adjust the height so you get it sitting perfect. try www.racelanduk.com

3. mk1_nutter Forum Member

cheers. racland dont suppy coilovers anymore...

PauL_GTi

4. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

don't they? madmonkey got a set just a few weeks back. didn't know that.

5. mk1_nutter Forum Member

well i looked over the site and nothing and im currently dealing with a 60mm kit i bought and the guy told us he dont have collies for the mk1...

PauL_GTi