A couple more questions about webers

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by luke w, Sep 25, 2004.

1. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Now that I've got some new trumpets for the carbs, I'm ready to get the remaining parts together to fit them. What throttle cable is best to use. I see weber do there own, is this what other people use. Also, what hoses did people use for the fuel, I want it to look nice under the bonnet so was think of using braided hoses, but the price of goodridge hoses are crazy. Anyone suggest good quality hoses for a decent price?

2. Sciroccotune Forum Member

There is a hydraulic place near me (team valley, Gateshead) that does ever hose under the sun, replaced my fuel lines with some high pressure hose, I think its 20 bar or something and it was only 1.50 a meter.

They can even do braided I believe.

They even do some really thin silicon hose that would slip over the standard hoses and look well good! ;)

Check the yellow pages etc

3. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

i used the original throttle cable [:D]
    just chopped the end off and slid on a little chocolate block without the plastic...

i also used all new hose,from a place near me(power pipes)

4. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

Just a couple more things. Will I need the facet fuel pump kit, or just the pump. Also, with the filter king regulator will i need the 67mm or 85mm. Also are the glass bowl or alloy bowl any different? If so, which one will I need. I thinking of gettig my bits from Rally Design, anyone know of anywhere cheaper tha this.

5. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

alloy bowl looks shiny - glass bowl allows you to check the state of the fuel coming through

no idea which size you need, rally design are pretty cheap - some things can be had cheaper elsewhere - i normally look at DT and raldes for most things

the fuel pump kit will contain extra fittings - which will make things easier to install