a good-looking stereo for the mk3 golf

Discussion in 'ICE' started by idlirp, Oct 24, 2011.

1. idlirp Forum Member

i had the original vw beta when i bought the car but sound quality was really poor. switched to a sony cdx-m610 and i liked very much it specially when closed. the model was outdated so i switched into a pioneer deh-7500mp mainly for the mp3 function. loved the sound quality but unfortunately the cd deck broke so i decided to search again for a new stereo. many of my friends loved the sony for its looks, so i need ideas for a new modern stereo but which suits the original golf mk3 dash. what stereo do you have and does it look better?

2. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

Installed something similar to this in my girlfriends Mk3
    [​IMG]

Blends in with Mk3 dash v well as you can alter the colour of illuminated parts 7 screen, plus it's black plastic like a Mk3 dash

Tis personal preference but I think a bling bling head unit that lights up a different colour to rest of your dash stands out like a sore thumb

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

[​IMG]

or dont bother tbh

4. idlirp Forum Member

@ben thank you, but i dislike the idea of a frontal usb. i want a rear one which i can fit in the glove compartment via the cable.
    @matt i think that this vintage sanyo costs more than my whole car.

5. idlirp Forum Member

i think im going to have my friend's second hand Alpine cda-9855. great SQ. what do you think?

6. dave990 Forum Member

if you can get the Alpine sound quality is good had them for years :thumbup:

7. idlirp Forum Member

installing the Alpine... ill let you know.