ABF auto parts stores

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by WAGNERBEZERRA, Nov 15, 2017.

1. WAGNERBEZERRA New Member

Hello,
    Here in Brazil the engine ABF 2.0 16V was produced only in 1997 and we have difficulty finding parts.
    I would like to know what an auto parts store in europe that delivers in Brazil.
    Thank you

2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Vw Heritage.

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I would have thought the ABF engine here in the EU is very similar to your AP2000 16v motor from the Gol?

4. WAGNERBEZERRA New Member

Dear Toyotecwerke,
    VW at the end of 1996 to 1997 produced the GOL GTI 16V 2.0 and few Parati units with the ABF engine imported from Germany. The difference is in the intake system because it uses an injection system Magneti Marelli IAW 1ABW7ABQ much better than Digifant.
    These cars here in Brazil are still very much coveted, those who have one do not sell!
    I have a Miura Top Sport with engine AP2000 2.0 8V (low block) and I am starting to install the cylinder head 051.103.373D bought in Bulgaria via Ebay.
    I bought a list of parts in the virtual store http://www.pecasauto24.pt and https://www.buycarparts.co.uk but I discovered that they are fake stores, they do not deliver the products. I was not hurt because Paypal is very secure.
    I am in doubt as to the injection system, my car uses FIC EEC IV multipoint system but wanted to install an ignition without distributor.
    Best Regards

5. Toyotec

Thanks for that enlightenment.

I did some lurking on a Brazilian auto site and always wanted to know the exact differences beside the Magneti Marelli engine control system.
    I see they use a 4 pole coil pack as standard on your local AP2000 16v also.
    ABF engines can be still had here over in the UK with some mileage around 120k to 160k miles.
    Not sure about shipping though.

6. WAGNERBEZERRA New Member

7. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

I tried, and failed, to buy pistons from them.

8. WAGNERBEZERRA New Member

Dear Toyotecwerke,
    Here in Brazil the mechanics think Clevite bearings are better than Glyco.
    I found in CS Parts these models: Rod bearing SPLYTER GLYCO (71-3732 / 4 HRS) corresponds to OE: 034105701B / 034 105 701 B = Top, 034105701/034 105 701 = Below; Main bearing GLYCO (H027 / 5 HRS) corresponds to OE: 026198491; 026198491A (Fits in the following engines: 2E * ABF * 9A * 7A * 6A * KR * PL * DX * EG * GX * ABK * ACE * JH * PB * PF * RF * JN * 2H * RP ).
    Another detail that the mechanic informed me is that the traditional bearings Clevite CB-1426 P and MS-2227AL are better for street cars than 3-layer bearings because they do not have the same durability (traditional ones are sturdier and run more miles ).
    So I would if possible of your opinion.
    I thank you for your attention.

9. Toyotec

And what data do they have for making their comments?