ABF supercharged....need help

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by -Alex-, Sep 12, 2011.

1. -Alex- New Member

Just been searching the web on supercharging my ABF, but keep hitting dead ends. So I have a couple of questions to throw out there if someone can help, basically I want to run it on low boost so that internals needn't be uprated and so I can run it on standard management. Am I assuming correct so far?
    Also what would be the optimum size charger for the job, I have read that m62 is the one generally used by most, but if running low boost surely the m42 would do the job adequately, or am I pretty far off the mark?
    And finnally how do you calculate the size of pulley and belt you need, and where is the best place to mount the pulley?

Thanks alot :)

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Use a Mini or Merc W203 M45 unit.

Use this to calculate pulley supercharger to crank damper ratio.

I have viewd, driven and tuned engines with stock internals, ok to 230PS and 230lbft when running the chargers on 0.8 bar on an ABF engine. It is advised to lower the compression to reduce the likely chances of knock at this level of performance. Spacers or stacking gaskets are the easy options for this.
    Stock ECU will need replacement.

This