ABF throttle body to 20vt inlet

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by mk216vrick, Sep 12, 2011.

1. mk216vrick Forum Member

As some of you may be aware, i am in the process of putting a 16vT together,
    i am currently looking to mount the ABF throttle body to the 20VT inlet, is it just a case of enlarging the ABF mounting holes (inwards to centre of throttle body butterfly) but when i have done this, will i be able to get an allen key bolt to sit flush?

i will upload pictures later of what i have done so far, but i am now struggling to get a bolt to fit down square to the hole, the body of the allen key female of the bolt is catching the side of the throttle body/cylinder.

hope this makes sense!! TshirttK and Toyotec may understand my predicament!!

many thanks

Rick

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Pretty much. You also have to do some small port matching.

3. mk216vrick Forum Member

i have done some small port matching and enjoyed playing around with the dremel! nothing extreme, just to same port size as the ABF throat.

how do i clean the inside of the plenum chamber to remove all the swarf? scared of it getting into the engine.

Toyotec, did you bolt the body to the inlet? did you have to take some material off the outside edge of the throttle body casing to get the allen key bolt to fit correctly?

thanks again

Rick

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

All 4 bolts fasten to plenum. I had to faff about with the throttle housing before slotting the holes.

5. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

Yea, I had to to clearance around some of the Cap heads to allow them to sit flat.