Additional Q’s for ’THE 2L 16v THREAD’

Discussion in '16-valve' started by bigfatpixey, Apr 25, 2005.

1. bigfatpixey Forum Member

My car = 1990 1.8l 16v MK2 Golf. Magnex Full system(with 4 branch manifold and fecked baffels), WUR modded by stealth, k&n air filter. currently 155.8 BHP at the flywheel.

like it, want more torque at low revs, would still like it to rev blah blah blah

Just a couple of questions as i am planing on buying a 9A block on wednesday.

1. Can i use the Oil Pump, Pickup tray and sump from the KR in the 9A? its just the KR pump and sump are brand new?

2. I will be putting a flowed 16v KR head with standard cams (which i hope to replace with dual exhaust cams eventually) on the 9A block. what sort of inlet manifold would be better taking in to account the heads been flowed and its got a four branch manifold? a 42.5mm or a 50mm. I currently have a 50mm one.

3. I also currently have a early model airbox/metering head. would it make any difference at all if i put a larger later model airbox on to the car?

4. Where abouts can you buy heat tape to wrap around exhaust manifolds from?

Thanks muchly [:$]

2. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

1. No yes yes. Oil pumps are different.

2. Leave the 50mm one on. Not really worth much swapping between the two.

3. Don't think so. The early one may be thinner but it's longer, so I think the areas work out about the same. That and the metering heads are the same.

Proven Products

3. matt d Forum Member

Lose that magnex exhaust as the back box is a shocking design. Take the back box off and look through it from the connection end and you will see what i mean.
    Keep the manifold and have it modified to suit whatever exhaust you choose to fit.
    Just doing this made a huge difference to my car.
    Edited by: matt d