Advantages of a weber

Discussion in '8-valve' started by eamon1.3, Nov 12, 2005.

1. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Hey all, kinda new to this site so sorry if this has been asked before. I have a 1.3 mk2 with 150,000 mles.

If heard that weber carbs or suposed to really help the engine and was just wondering how? and how much would i be looking for a 2nd hand one? Would something like this bolt straight on? and what about the auto choke?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/weber-twin-choke-carb-to-fit-mk2-golf- jetta_W0QQitemZ4589128159QQcategoryZ9889QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. roccodan Forum Member

it looks like that carb is the direct replacement for the peirberg 2e2 off the 1600 and 1800 golf not sure if it would fit a 1300 [:s] as for the auto choke they stick on causing flooding ,with the webber it has a manual choke cable also the webbers dont ice up as easly as the peirbergs to start with find out what kind of carb you have then post back on here someone will know if the webber will fit ;)

3. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Think its all standard, Solix or something?? Do they give it more power or better fuel consmption??

4. roccodan Forum Member

thats the one solex 2b2. i had oneof the webbers on a scirocco gt2 it gaive a bit better fuel consumption but not much noticeable power :p