Advice, should I get a Passat TDI Sport

Discussion in 'Passat' started by Dec, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Dec

Dec New Member

Hi all

Got a mk3 GTI 8V at the moment but thinking of going back to a bigger diesel car as I had a Mondeo TD previously. Really like the GTI and its in mint condition but could do with more room for the kids and a bigger boot. I've been looking at Passat TDI Sports which I really like, however most people (including the wife and kids) I speak to think I would be daft to get rid of the GTI for a Passat. Looking to get anything in the R reg to V reg price bracket. Your opinions and advice on this subject would be appreciated.

Cheers [:s]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  2. mk2_oxford Forum Member

yes nice cars and loads of kit in the sport. they feel very well made and stylish

3. mk2_oxford Forum Member

although u will get bored and miss the GTI status

4. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

Dec, I test drove one, before I bought the GT TDI, yes it was nice, in a pipe and slippers type of way, but the GT won it hands down, if you want something with a sportier feel.

5. Dec

Dec New Member

Do like the MK4 GT TDI's and have looked at a few, but can't find a good one under the 3000 mark, but there are a few Passat Sports in this price range . I'm in two minds about changing the GTI now, so maybe thats a sign that I should keep it for another year or so. Don't know about anyone else but after having a car for a year I get bored with it and want a change, but as Mk3 Oxford said i'd probably miss the GTI[:^(]

[:s]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  6. Seraph Banned

you'd be lucky to get a good one(pd) under 4.5k imo - theyre still fetching top money

maybe you should consided the bora equivalent?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  7. mexicorich Forum Member

Have you driven one?
    I think you will find that your Mk3 8V feels slow in comparison

8. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

If you're not badge concious have you considered an Octavia? I know that they do a seriously quick TD model but can't remember what it's called.
    You'll probably have the same or better performance as a Mk3 GTI but better fuel consumption & more room & comfort, I couldn't really comment on the fun factor cos I,ve never driven a Mk3 or an Octavia.
    If you spent a little less by buying a Skoda rather than a VW maybe you could keep the Mk3 as well?