Aerial motor control wire

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Daniel119, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Daniel119 Forum Member

Anyone know what colour the aeriel motor control wire at the back of the headunit is? The wire that makes the aeriel come up and go down when the headunit is turned off/on. Its a 1990 GTi with wing aeriel.

Cheers, Dan :)

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Should be blue.

3. Daniel119 Forum Member

Blue on the headunit yeah, but what is the colour in the Golf loom? The wires I have left are white, red and yellow/white.

Sorry, should have been more clear

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

there isnt one on the golf loom!
    blue/grey is dash lighting, yellow/white is speedo signal, red is live and brown is earth. shouldnt be a white one there, isnt std colour.

leccy aerial was never standard in the uk so you'll need to trace it from the aerial to figure it out, could be the white wire though

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  6. Daniel119 Forum Member

Cheers for that mate, already came across it though :lol:

And a multimeter wouldnt tell me anything as the headunit pulses a 12v signal down it to raise the aeriel when the headunit turns on, so there would be nothing to measure on the wire in the loom [:^(]

Ahh balls, really CBA to trace the aerial all the way back haha, not that it will matter anyway as i snapped the plastic toothed cable that raises the aeriel up and down [:x]

7. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

they not expensive to buy off ebay, but try to get a better quality one. mine failed after a year, and during all that time i never listened to the radio! but it was cool to see it come up every time you start the car. when it bust i just binned it and put a 16v blank in the hole, job done :thumbup: