AFH thermostat housing options.

Discussion in '16-valve' started by olipirate, Mar 3, 2011.

1. olipirate Forum Member

I want to change the thermostat housing so i just have the 2 outlets for the radiator, i have no need for the other 5 or so outlets :lol:.

With it being a plastic housing this is a problem because i cant just weld it up to blank off the parts i dont need, people are running the smallblock valvers in track cars which i doubt have heat (dogwood?) any info on what they are using?

pic of what i have.

[​IMG]

cheers oli

2. Dogwood Forum Member

I've still got the original plastic one for now. I'm still running the factory water pump set up and i'm using the heater outlets to supply the oil / water heat exchanger.

A machine shop with ali fab facilities should be able to knock you something up in a crack. If you don't know anyone local to you, give Sykes Engineering in North Yorks a ring.

If you end up using the plastic housing and need a lower thermostat, the 6N polo GTI which we never got over here has one (can't remember the numbers).

3. olipirate Forum Member

cool cheers, i think im going to make up an adaptor so i can use an earlier one (that is ally so i can get the surplus holes tig'd up) which should also have a lower temperature stat i think..