AGG wont start - ideas please

Discussion in '8-valve' started by giles_anniversary, Jun 28, 2012.

1. giles_anniversary

giles_anniversary Forum Member

ive recently done the headgasket and cambelt on my mk3 8 valve gti I also had my injectors checked and cleand with new filters fitted whilst they were off the car. I also fitteed new HT leads, dizzy, rotor arm anf fuel filter at the same time.

the car started pretty much strait away after compleating this work and ran for about half an hour untill it stalled when i try'd to drive it (under braking)
    at this point i checked my coolant level and oil level and topped them up to the correct amounts.

the car then started again but cut out after about 30 seconds and me not touching anything and will not fire up again.

i have try'd a new coil which i had but this made no difference, i disconected the fuel line from the rail to check fuel was being deliverd which it is, has anyone got any smart ideas as im out of them (there is no engine managment light up on the dash either)

thanks in advance for any ideas of things to look for Simon

2. samc Forum Member

is it sparking? if not i would change the crank position sensor first

3. giles_anniversary

the crank position sensor wire is split and has been taped up so yes ill try that cheers

4. giles_anniversary

replaced the sensor today and it fired up first time:thumbup:

what a chew on to get access to it though