AGU audi A3 ECU pins?

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by The_bug, Jun 30, 2010.

1. The_bug Forum Member

Hi everybody, just a quick one... Anybody got a pin out diagram for the ECU from an Audi AGU engine? Struggling to find one and am doing a real tight budget 1.8t conversion so the wiring is being home made so to speak ;).

There seem to be several different ECU's used (mine is suffix AQ) as I have a diagram already but it has slightly different colours on some of the wires (think its a Golf AGU?) does it matter if some of the colours are different?

Cheers

2. Collie Forum Junkie

any pins in particular, i have pin outs for both on autodata

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

06a 906 018aq?

4. The_bug Forum Member

I had another look at the AGU diagram I have tonight and it looks like Audi might have just been lazy about keeping the diagram up to date? Seems that many of the wires have just changed colours (maybe they ran out of that particular colour that day :p). as a check, what colour should the wire coming from pin 1 of the ECU be? mine is brown and/black whereas the diagram says it should be black/purple? I've also got a red/green wire on the plug T6m pin 2 that isnt even on my diagram!

Ye, thats the one :)

Think i'll do a write up for this if I ever get it running without frying the ECU :lol:

Cheers

5. Collie Forum Junkie

no.1 on both my diagrams are ignition switch. golf is black and violet and the audi also is showing the same colour when i use year 2001.

any idea what year you ecu is?

6. Collie Forum Junkie

7. The_bug Forum Member

It's from a 98 A3 sport. I have poked about the wiring loom again and it seems that the colour changes to the black/purple somewhere in the loom after all?!?! It is defiantly still brown and black at the ECU plug though? most strange...

I'll therefore assume that I can follow some of the great write up by 20v_jimmy even though his is an AUQ (so a much later DBW ECU and loom) but it has many similar plugs but appears to have completely different colour wiring sometimes. It details what wires are attached too in the CE2 fusebox so will take it from there... And I read somewhere this is easy :lol:

Thanx for the input though Collie :)

8. Collie Forum Junkie

no prob