AGU gearbox help !!!

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by Yibigibi, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Yibigibi New Member

Hello guys

I'm building up a Golf MK1 and i plan on putting the AGU 1.8T 20v motor in there.

I don't want to put the FFZ or short ratio box. I want long ratios.

I don't want to use the VR6 cable shift box because those are too old. They stopped manufacturing them +- 20 years ago! Plus you got to do some work in order to make the cable shift box work.

I don't want to put a hydraulic box because i don't want the hassle of mounting the cylinder and modifying the pedal.

What i basically want to do is to find out which LINK shift box will fit properly onto the AGU engine, which must have long ratios.

Thanks guys :)

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

all 020 boxes will go, just fit 020 clutch and flywheel. for long ratios you want diesel or 4+e carby.

not recommended though the 20v will probably kitll it very quickly, you can however get a cable conversion kit for the 02a and 02j type boxes from SEAT cordoba, toledo and ibiza abf and tdi cars. Try your SEAT dealer first they seem to ahve stock still:
    02B 141 708A - clutch actuator - 74.92+VAT
    02A 141 728 - boot - 7.94+VAT
    357 721 352 - clutch cable bracket - 11.69+VAT
    1L0 721 335C - SEAT Toledo TDI clutch cable - 18.71+VAT

the bracket may be nla but classic parts have it now, if you go on the vw heritage site you can order it via their classic parts search