Agu in mk3 8v gti

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Rob knight, Apr 28, 2021.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

2 pin with yellows, dimdip resistor. can keep or bin, it puts dipped beam on dim with sidelights. not required by law or for mot
    outside temp sensor is for your MFA, keep it if you want this to work or bin if not
    brake fluid wires keep if you want the light to go on if you have low brake fluid, bin if not bothered

dont worry too much about wire colours on the MK4 loom, they can differ. Concentrate on pin positions. the pinout of green and white plugs are the same, just early cars had green and late had white.

if you're lookign at my oem guide on a phone or tablet, try it on a PC instead or at least something with a bigger screen, and look at it in landscape mode. if you have a phone on portrait mode you often loose most of the tables

2. Rob knight Forum Member

Cheers for that... Wot advice can you give for exhaust and cat wots bits can I use as are make one up

3. rubjonny

trackslag and william skelton off FB offer off the shelf mk2/3 20v downpipes, see what they have to offer you :)

4. Rob knight Forum Member

Not paying them prices a rather make one I've got bits and bobs just wondering wot cat wud work and down pipe off a mk4 20v and a3 20v

5. Rob knight Forum Member

Am I correct in saying I can use my agg rear engine mount just need 16v tdi gearbox and front mount

6. rubjonny

no you need both the front and rear abf/tdi mounts plus abf/tdi/vr6 gearbox mount. the rear bracket is 10mm longer, but you could just fit 10mm spacers between bracket and block if you only have front and box brackets

7. Rob knight Forum Member

Strange my agg mount is exactly the same as a tdi one size shape and I know its from a tdi because I removed it today from my old tdi mk3 Estate

8. rubjonny

the rear mounts look the same, but the abf/tdi one is 10mm longer as I say

9. Rob knight Forum Member

Same as my 8v one shape size measurements same tdi part number 1H0 199 354 A

10. Rob knight Forum Member

Agg mount 1H0 199 354 K no difference between the 2

11. rubjonny

A/K are not TDI mounts thats why, TDI/ABF is 1H0199354H

12. Rob knight Forum Member

How strange I took it off my estate yesterday 1.9 tdi that's stuffed that lol

13. Rob knight Forum Member

Is there Anyone in Oxford area that can make me up A loom 8v mk3 gti to agu loom all looms present