AGU Injectors

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Natedogg, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Natedogg Forum Member

firstly i apologies if i am asking a question answered many a time before but here goes

I am in process of fitting an early AGU (98) into my vento.

I have stuck with 3BAR FPR and fitted a brannd new Bosch VR6 fuel pump (3 BAR) into stock tank.

I have a K03s to fit and plan a front mount 'welly' intercooler but i am reading various clashing info about what the stock injectors will flow - some people and saying i can hit 260hp with them, other saying 200 tops.

I have also read about KV of the injectors and the size/length when replacing them but i have no idea what this means.

1 thread i read said files down (yes really) AUM injectors , another sadi BAM injectors with a spacer (WTF) - im totally confused.

Can any of the GURUS on here assist?

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

AUM EV6 injectors are rated 317cc/min @ 3bar and will support up to near 230bhp@5800rpm at 200 kPa give or take different dyno measurements.

3. Natedogg Forum Member

toyotec your a diamond.

230hp is about the limit of the k03s isn't it? so no need for bigger injectors.......

or is it a bad idea to run injectors at 100% and should i go bigger?

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

When you run a coil 'full on' so at 100% duty cycle, you can burn out the driver in the ECU.
    So bigger is better in that respect.

Usually you run out of the ability to achieve specified lambda, which can be commanded to deliver say 12.1 or richer, when you can force more air into the engine at high engine speed with the FPR responding to increase the injection pressure proportional to the boost.

All these are reasons for requiring extra injector capacity.

Actual power numbers for where this will happen vary depending on the dyno used to measure.

5. Natedogg Forum Member

Thanks again!
    Where can I get ev6 injectors? And is there a calc to work out size?

6. Natedogg Forum Member