Alarm Advice

Discussion in 'Security' started by Bups01, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Bups01 Forum Member

Maybe getting a new cat 1 allarm and just wondered what you lot have and how much you paid ?

I just called at a local place and he is a certified approved clifford dealer, he said he can install a clifford concept 650 with full works for 400

Dont really like clifford, prefer the way toad AI606 & Laserline sound when they arm/disarm but security is a must, what new alarms are out there today that guys may recommend and what prices should i expect to pay??

Al opinions welcome please :)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Toad Ai606 is a very good alarm installed for about 250 - 300 I think.

3. neil kaye Forum Junkie

what does he mean by the full works,what car is it?theres alot more on alarms nowerdays than there used to be,you need to get a list of things he would do at that price,i agree with dragonfly about the toad,but thats because ive never had anything to do with the clifford,but toad are really good,again you need to ask what your getting for the price

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

From experience Clifford's really need to be fitted properly otherwise you will get issues.

5. Bups01 Forum Member

Toad AI606 is a good system but doesnt have a turbo timer function or remote start, with the clifford im getting glass break/tilt sensors/turbo timer/remote start/full closure etc so thats the reason for me swaying more towards that alarm. Its going into a mk2 golf btw.

6. neil kaye Forum Junkie

so i take it the mk2 is turbo'd then,i suppose its down to personal prefrence ,me personally would not have that feature and just wait a bit before alarming the car,i wouldnt be able to leave the car running and id have to stay and make sure the engine had stopped and all doors locked and alarm activated (paranoid or what)
    also remote start isnt really an anti theft feature,i have an immobiliser,thats money well spent,so couldnt have remote start anyhow ,without disengaging immo,which defeats the object
    400 for all that isnt that bad if a pro is fitting it,you seem to be getting alot there,it will probs have more too like ultra sonic and microwave detection,should be alsorts with it and have good protection

7. Bups01 Forum Member

Im guessing its got the additional bits you have mentioned too, i have to have turbo timer as im always running late! [:D]

8. neil kaye Forum Junkie

:lol: id ask around ,see what other garages would charge ,unless you know the guys well then id stick with them

9. animaniac Forum Member

An alarm is only as good as the fitter.

But i've heard even the best fitted cliffords have gained reliability problems in recent years..

But any cat one will protect the car as good as the next, they all cut two circuits, and all have battery back up sirens, aswell as the standard door / boot and bonnet protection they have either ultrasonics or radar sensor to protect the interior.

The difference between alarms falls on reliability of the system and sensors themselves, and features like multiple sensor inputs and armed outputs which can be linked to proximity sensor to sound the warn-away should one attempting to get close to the vehicle and multiple channel remotes etc.

Toad and sigma are now owned by scorpion automotive which make the scorpion alarms those are loud.