Alarm goes off, same time each day?!?

Discussion in 'Security' started by Stu, Jul 9, 2006.

1. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Hi All,

Just a quicky - any ideas why my Mk2 alarm has started going off at approximately the same time every day? It's quite odd, never goes off any other time but once a day, at about 8:30pm it goes off! [:s]

It seems to have started since I fitted some gauges in the dash late last week, but I have checked and I don't seem to have disturbed any wiring for the alarm or anything and everything is working as it should.

I can't work out why it would just go off at the same time once a day, randomly maybe, if it rained hard maybe, but why once every evening? I'm quite confused, perhaps my neighbour comes out and kicks the car at the same time each night...? :lol:

Any thoughts?

The car is a Mk2 16v, Cobra Cat1 alarm, I forget which model exactly but am currently looking for the instruction manual to try and work out what's going on!

Cheers

Stu

2. RichS

RichS CGTI Regional Host

Do you always park the car up at the same time each day - i.e. it sits for the same amount of time before the alarm goes off? Perhaps something is cooling down and moving enough to move/break a contact. (No idea what though!)

Or perhaps your next door neighbour lets their cat out at the same time each evening and it loves your car soooooo much it has to sit on it etc etc?

3. pwoiks Forum Member

id put a vote on the cat. maybe thers a new cat in town and it does the rounds at 8:30 every night to see whos about.
    rich

4. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

park it somewhere else, and check the time thing.

my mams microwave used to set mine off, maybe your neighbour has his tea at 8:30?

5. Unknown Forum Junkie

I had one that the bin truck used to set off, no other turcks just that one, very early.... [:x]

6. DubSi Forum Member

This used to happen to 3 cars on the same street round the corner from me. I always knew the straight through exhaust system was a tad too loud on my old WRX [:$]

7. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Some good ideas to try, my money is on the neighbours cat though!

Oddly enough it went off this morning, it's not done that before... looked at my watch, guess what time - very nearly 8:30 but AM not PM this time! Weird? [:s]

I switched it off anyway and when you then unlock the car is does four consecutive high pitched bleeps, which I think it supposed to tell you the reason it's been set off in the first place, or it would if I could find the bloody manual anyway!

I think I'll try disconnecting the car battery for a while, open and close all the doors, move the alarm sensors around a bit and reconnect. That's an I.T workers attempt to fix any problem, a reboot! :lol: Will then try parking elsewhere and keep an eye on it, I'm sure I must have disturbed something fitting those gauges as it only started happening since then! [:$]

8. kerrly Forum Member

haha its bizare but my Clifford alarm behaves very odd as well but only outside my house???

Cats can definately be a problem, i have seen cats trying to sneak under my car and catch the splitter and sometimes even that is enough to set the alarm off!

Like you i also find that it goes off at very specific times in the mornings and found that to be my next door neighbour cutting across my drive on his way to get his paper!!!

9. fthaimike Forum Addict

Maybe someone doesn't like you & they are on their way past each time (going to work maybe).......hmmm shake the gits car :lol: ;) .

10. MR_TOAD_INSTALL Banned

If you look in your user guide the led will tell you what was triggered ?

Ian