alarm / immobiliser - cyclone .any good ?

Discussion in 'Security' started by classact1, Mar 15, 2013.

1. classact1 Forum Member

Hi there vw fans ,

got interesting problem ,;- i own a vw golf mk2 gti 8v , which currently has a meta alarma / immobiliser on it . The alarm system is causing probelm with electrics , so i am faced with replacing this part of the unit , not the whole thing , with like for like , plus new key fobs , or , i have a cyclone car security alarm / immobiliser system i bought for another golf , that never got used . This was matched to equivilent on car at time , but are they any good , and is it worth tearing out whole system to replace with something like this , as opposed to previous option ???

All advvice would be good

cheers

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

Never heard of Cyclone. I had a Meta Cat 1 system on an Alfa 75 I had 10 years ago. Never gave me any problems. I was told at the time by a workmate that Meta was Clifford's budget brand, but no idea if that's right.

Edit: I just googled Cyclone Alarms, and most of the first page of results are bike-related.