Alarm keeps going off

Discussion in 'Security' started by hastd2, Jan 23, 2004.

1. hastd2 New Member

HI,got my self a 02 plate Mk4 GT TDI 130 and had it about 3 weeks,just last week the alarm went off about every 10-15 minutes so ended up leaving the car unlocked.
    Went back to my VW Dealer and they fixed it,they said it was a water pipe going to the rear wiper and was burst and water was dripping which was setting off the alarm.
    Next day the alarm went off again,so guess what right back to the Dealer i went and they said they could not find anything on the computer wrong with the car.The only thing they can come up with is fitting a new boot latch which is not in stock,so that's one more trip to the dealer.
    Has anyone else came across this problem,please let me know.
    Cheers [:s]

2. Madbloke Forum Member

Yup --- I know somwone with a MK4 and although boot was locked the diagram on dash computer showed it to be open -- water pipe had burst and new lock was required---
    This did solve the prob

This may cause the alarm prob as I think the doors etc are wired to the same circuit as the interior lights so if latch is faulty and it shows the boot to be open then this could trigger the alarm