All Mk V GTI’s grounded

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by Andy665, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Andy665 Forum Member

Had a full mornings test drive booked on a Mk V GTi this morning - got a call from the dealer saying that several GTi's have had problems with a bolt shearing on the oil pump and all cars in the UK have been grounded until upgraded bolts are fitted - apparently VW have all the parts on back order with the factory

2. Dub Dave Forum Member

Yup, I posted this about 2 weeks ago...I was told fuel pump problem and all recalled

3. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

You see... if they used a DECENT and DESTRUCTIVE test driver i.e. ME then this would have been highlighted within minutes of the first drive.

4. VR6Will Forum Member

lol! :lol:

5. Dub Dave Forum Member

He he...Has anyone else whohas driven a new one noticed the worst, cheapest phone holder? I personally dont like the new interior. Dont know why, just didnt do it for me like R32 or Mk2,3 or 4. Or 1.

6. GolfBryan Forum Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How do cars get out of all the testing etc without the engineers noticing something like this.

7. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

I always ask that question when we have to reprogramme ECUs on cars less than a year old for hesitations, intermittent stalling etc.

8. Dub Dave Forum Member

I have always thought it be best to avoid any new mark for a year or so to let them sort out the little problems?

9. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Its fairly old news, and as far as im aware the problem is sorted now with all cars. Customers are expecting deliveries on the 10th and i saw a couple of Mk5 GTIs on test drives earlier.

10. Rob.gti Forum Member

Not quite true Luke. Not all GTI's are affected, only certain chassis numbers. But the cars that are affected will not be used until new parts arrive from Germany.

There is currently a delay in getting new parts out because whats being produced are being used in production lines!

11. AndyCEB Forum Junkie

Didnt they cut the budget for the dash by using cheaper plastics so they could pay for the new rear suspension?

12. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Wouldn't be suprised :lol: