All the gear…… vague idea….

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Rich and gary(89-16v-3dr), Sep 18, 2022.

1. Rich and gary(89-16v-3dr) Paid Member Paid Member

Hi all :) currently trying to bring my golf back to life. Not sure if my pic worked! But the golf has been off the road for five or so years, due to a Subaru obsession ha! But I finally brought a welder at the start of the year and have been doing bits and bobs when the family allows!!! I’ll try and post some of the pics. It’s not a major overhaul but for a diy’er some challenges!! And swear words but hopefully soon I’ll get her to that B road and blast her again… if anyone recognises the plate? F388NLW. Cheers all rich:) …. And Gary is the car… lol

52364873118_cbab9f13d1_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2022
  2. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Every car needs a name . Good luck with it. Don't go expecting Subaru performance though

3. Rich and gary(89-16v-3dr) Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers cressa:) I’ll try and figure photo thing out…did have the golf up and running for five years. But got tempted by gold wheels and a rumble. Until the mrs refused to drop the kids off at school in it ! Ha. We compromised on a jdm legacy now.. bit more under the radar.. lol.

4. saladman

saladman Paid Member Paid Member

welcome and good luck with the project! Adding photos is a lot easier if you're a paid member. afaik you can only insert photos from Flickr if you've got a Pro account there too.

Nice looking car, is it a runner?

5. Rich and gary(89-16v-3dr) Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for info saladman I’ll look into it:) afraid that pic was the last time it was running, it now lies in the same place but with a garage around him. Was all running fine tho:) just needed some tlc, to date I’ve done rear valence bit of the arches and the usual windscreen repairs, recently fitted new brakes lines and rear bushes on the beam ( took some creative ideas to get the oem bushes in! ) but plan to do belts and general ancillary bits,, after finding a split in the coolant pipe where the oil cooler has corroded:( … but just a diy’er so everyday is a school day lol !!! But cheers and I’ll try and get easier photos up:)

6. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

as if by magic, the picture appears ;)

its tricky to hotlink images these days most hosts wont let you do it easily. Once you get a few more posts you can upload them direct to the forum and that way they'll never go missing :thumbup:

7. Rich and gary(89-16v-3dr) Paid Member Paid Member

Oh wow!!! Looking good:) great stuff rubjonny. Just sent off for membership. Although my car has your sticker on my windscreen! So a previous owner poss on here somewhere!!! Seriously love that car. I’ll share some pics soon:) cheers all

saladman likes this.
  8. MattRX New Member

That looks like a fun project!

9. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

Welcome, love a DIY resurrection thread. Can’t help with the number plate but NLW must be No Longer Working ;)