Almost mint MK1 GTi Cabby.

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Golfamily7, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Golfamily7 Forum Member

I will ty to keep it brief. Here goes:

1988 MK 1 Golf Cabriolet in Paprika red with 92,800 miles from new.
    This is in 99% mint condition with almost perfect bodywork (no fading/always garaged and no rust anywhere, never had any bodywork carried out), mint original interior and brand new Black Mohair hood. This was fitted at the beginning of june and does not leak at all. Car is always garaged and only comes out when the weather is good, no driving on wet roads in the 2 years we have owned it. We bought it in Sept 06 with 88,000 on the clocks. Originally this car was bought new by my wifes now boss, he sold it to his step-dad who we then purchased it from.

This car has to be seen to be appriciated it could be concourse with very little work. It comes with weighted Mk1 shift rod, VW leather steering wheel, BBS RA 15" alloys (refurbished, 1 small scuff on 1 alloy, all fitted with Toyo Proxes T1R tyres), Sony CD player with 2 remotes, original tonneau cover, all manuals, service record book etc,etc. It has an original Quantum alarm fitted but never used by us (car comes with 2 keys and fobs).

Engine wise (1.8 DX GTi engine) its excellent, no tappet rattle, uses no oil or water, no leaks and the engine bay is extremly clean. I have put a new rocker cover gasket and changed the oil, filter and coolant less than 6 thousand miles ago. This car never misses a beat and has at times sat for 3 months or longer over winter with the battery still connected and not charged then started perfectly!

Gearbox is mint (the tightest ive experienced!!!!), no play and no notches graunches.

Overall an amazing timewarp car. Drives amazing and only selling due to not using it enough and having too many other vehicles (a MK2 GTD daily, MK2 GTi 2 Ltr and now a Suzuki SV650S). You would not be disappointed with this car.

Finally car comes with original stereo and original colour coded Avus alloys with tyres as well as BBS RA 15" alloys.

Any questions PM me. Car is located in Cornwall.

Price: 2595.00 ovno

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]