Alternator not charging, trigger wire problem please help!

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Nick Evans, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Nick Evans New Member

Afternoon,
    So I’m running up my mk1 that I’ve done a 20vt swap on, and I’m having trouble with the alternator not giving out enough or any power. I’m using the original mk1 wires that run from the starter and the blue trigger wire which I have connected but I don’t know where it runs to as it runs inside the loom which is all taped up. The loom was done for me by style dynamics who do this for a living so i trust that they left them in there cause they work. Only issue is I don’t know where the reading I’m getting at the alternator is because the battery is linked to it and wether it’s actually charging, it shows 12.08v and same at the battery. Battery light is also on. The alternator is cold after 15 minutes of running is this normal? It’s a brand new alternator so I think I have a wiring issue somewhere, any help appreciated!!

*EDIT*
    Fixed the problem to anyone who may have been in same position as me, didn’t realise the two pin plug required the trigger wire to be plugged into that, think it was pin 1, works a treat now

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020