Amateur arty farty...

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by Dubmeister1997, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Dubmeister1997 Forum Member

comments/ criticism welcomed!

maybe i should spend more time thinking about what's in the background?! maybe somebody could photochop the chair out for me!:lol:
    [​IMG]
    a Line of Hispano Suiza's
    [​IMG]
    the chrome from the back of an old Jag (I think?!)
    [​IMG]

What you think for a complete beginner?

2. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Great pics, beginner or not. I particularly like the third picture with the bumper reflection.

The first one is a nice idea. Taking out the chair would not be easy, as if it's taken away, the space needs filling in with the background, and there is nothing to show the exact line of the silver car. There appears to be a table as well as a chair.

But look on that picture as a lesson. The difference between a snapshot and a photograph is using your eyes! As a grab shot (snapshot) it is fine and gets across what you meant others to see.

From a photographer's view, you need to look carefully at what you can see through the viewfinder before you hit the shutter button. Human eye/brain is very selective and sees mainly what it wants to see and shuts out the rubbish (in this case the chair).

By moving the chair, or by taking a slightly different position to lose it, it would have been a better and less cluttered picture of the Golfs.

Also, remember that splashes of white/red/orange in a picture tend to draw the eye, even if out of focus. This can often be remedied in Photoshop by desaturating/altering the offending patch of colour.

Don't be put off by what I've said - it's meant to be constructive criticism :)

Look forward to seeing you in this forum more often and seeing more of your pictures.

3. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

To follow on from Stella, another tip would be to make sure you`re not showing in a reflections...;)

Where were the pics taken, out of interest?

4. mk1 valver

mk1 valver Forum Member

Is that an Inari silver(pale green) mk1 in the first picture?

5. Dubmeister1997 Forum Member

Thanks Stella, as I said, all criticism is welcome and constructive!

Stu, Yes, I tried my hardest not to be in the reflection! I took another one of the Triumph (that you can see in the reflection) but i was using the crappy work camera which has some sort of shaking disease (it's like a sensor has gone or something...) and it came out a little blurry. I'll put it on here...

They were taken at Epoqu'Auto, which is a classic car show in Lyon, France.

6. Dubmeister1997 Forum Member

YES! I believe it is, one of the earliest ones. that was the 'Club Srie 1' stand, next to the 'Club Scirocco Srie 1' stand!

Stu, here is my other attempt, which i am not in! [​IMG]

7. RichS

RichS CGTI Regional Host

Hehe, constructive critisism again, but who's in the bumper riser? :)

8. Dubmeister1997 Forum Member

That's the ghost of Christmas past.

[:$] didn't notice that one!