amp wiring kit

Discussion in 'ICE' started by bubba_2_k, Jun 29, 2005.

1. bubba_2_k Forum Member

ive just purchased a 1500 watt amp, and need a new wiring kit obviously it needs to be able to take 1500 watts other than that what else would people recomend such as gauge of wiring, brand etc
    Edited by: bubba_2_k

2. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

is it a 1500wrms amp?

3. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

4. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

5. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

6. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

7. bubba_2_k Forum Member

Tim u r indeed the car audio man :lol: it is indeed 1500 wrms [:D]

8. onnie Forum Member

1500wrms will draw alot of current, i would go 2guage minimum to be honest.

you can get 10meters of 0guage for 30 but you have to get fuse distro blocks and whatnot seperately...

http://www.johndavies.co.uk/nwcables.htm

50mm2 is 0 guage and 35mm2 is 2guage.

its good cable, i know some of the spl boys use it.

edit: oooo just seen the last link Tim gave, thats a great price for 0guage kit!! =)
    Edited by: onnie

9. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

i have 0 gauge in my car,

im sure i managed to get a wiring kit with all the disty blocks etc in the kit, and didnt have to get them seperatly,

the gear i have is stinger.

tim

10. bubba_2_k Forum Member

this is what i was thinking so i could use my old kit which was for a 500 wrms amp and just change the power cable? for 0 gauge

11. bubba_2_k Forum Member

might aswell use this post to enquire about subs ive been thinking of gettin a pair of these

DD

OR

REs

but wondering what other people thought ?? dont wanna spend more than 300 on them lookin for 2 12" but open to suggestions

12. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

you seen my advert in the ICE classifieds? i have a custom made box too, and will chuck in my 0gauge wiring kit for a few bob[​IMG]

13. onnie Forum Member

what amp have u got Bubba as that will decide what sub to get.

Also both them subs are good, but i would advise you to use the 300 to get one higher model sub.

As i say tell me what amp you got and i can recommened a sub to match it =)

14. bubba_2_k Forum Member

MEMPHIS 16-PR1.5D 1500 WATT AMPLIFIER :p

15. onnie Forum Member

Memphis do nice amps =)

I cant find that model on the mephis site, its 1500wrms @ 1ohm right?

I would get a RE SX12.
    http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id =2965&cadid=434ca5b83f2d7957533562faafc0ad0b
    SX12 in a ported box 2.5 cubic foot tuned to 35hz will deliver the goods nicely =)

Have you thought about maybe getting a 15" sub?

Is this going into the Jetta in your sig?
    Edited by: onnie

16. bubba_2_k Forum Member

reply have thought about 15" but have been told by people they r not very musical,(only good for droony notes and cant handle changes in bass tones etc) so really want a 12

yeah going into the jetta?

17. bubba_2_k Forum Member

its 2 x 700 wrms @ 2 ohms

18. onnie Forum Member

ahhhh the good old wives tale about 15s which are sloppy...

Its all bs mate, a 15 can be as tight or as slow sounding as you want it to be, any sub is only as good as the box its in, and the way its setup...

But you want to go for a 12 thats fine =)

2.5^ft tuned to 35hz for nice streetbass sound.
    or go with 2^ft tuned to 35hz for a more alround sound, set the lowpass on the amp to about 50hz, make sure you set the gain properly on the amp to match your HU. probably will need minimum-1/4 gain.

enojoy =)

19. altern8 Forum Junkie

expensive postage for the wiring kits 10 [:$]

20. go for a 15 ihave a DD 9515 dual 1.5 ohm sub for sale at the moment in my car running off 2 spl dynamics 2000d amps giving 1,800rms to each coil i have put over 5,000 rms up these types of subs all day long in my spl competition cars and they love it the advantage of dd,s and re,s is the fact that if you blow them up then you can get them reconed for a fraction of the price of a new sub

250 quid for the sub if you are interested