Another ABF Issue

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Red_n_dead, Oct 8, 2008.

1. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

can leave lambda unplugged. to mke mk3 clocks work you need mk3 fusebox->clock loom, you also need to add 2 wires to the indicator wiring for the 2 indicator warning lights. you also need to add a jumper wire between D/8 and E/2. see my fusebox faq for more details :)

2. Red_n_dead Forum Member

ah, the wonderful Mr. Jonny, always saves the day!

oh that just sounds like too much much work, but i guess it has to be done :(

Cheers mate!

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Still not fixed?? Why don't you PM RubJonny and do a deal to pay him to come round and fix it for you - seems like a better way than having a go yourself on an annual basis.

If the car hasn't run for a year, you'll probably need at least one fuel pump now, but you might be lucky.

4. Red_n_dead Forum Member

hmmm. i might just have to do that Mike.

Hope the fuel pump is ok, could do without the added expense of a new one.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

If you can hear the pumps prime on the key you should be ok. If not, you could be in need of new ones.

6. Red_n_dead Forum Member

They prime. I mean i've had it running, but sounded rough, reving up n down so i thought it might need a lamda sensor.
    I just need to get a few lil things done really. off the top of my head i need to get the clocks wired in, will attempt this weekend, get a cam belt, get a clutch cable as the 1300 mk2 cable was way too short for some reason. I think that might be it, well all i can think of at the moment.

7. Mike_H Forum Addict

If it's still got the same petrol in it that you started with over a year ago, you could do with diluting that down with some fresh stuff. Petrol's good for a fair few months, but it starts to turn to sticky jelly after a bit, and isn't much good for starting cars. If it's over a year old, it won't be helping.

8. Mike_H Forum Addict

Going way back to the first post, I'm still not sure if you're using an incompatible mixture of bits.

An early corrado ECU would have been Kjet, so what's the latest version... a few posts ago you were talking about non-immobilised ECUs.

What age is the shell (it'll tell us which type of electrics you have), what ECU are you running, which injectors, fuel pump, distributor.....