Another Cadwell vid

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by GVK, Nov 22, 2005.

1. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

This time from a 306, taken on the same day as the 106/clio vid I posted last week. 25mb 10 mins. (slow download)

Swear filter will feck the link up...

You'll need to alter the url and paste into another window..

http://www.tracksl*gs.com/pete/cadwellpete.wmv

Those who went to the 'ring may remember the car, it was Pete with the dark red caged 306 with white wheels.
    Edited by: GVK

2. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Seems to be quite a well sorted 306. :thumbup: Tubular manifold I take it? :p

I'm liking the line through Hall Bends, it looked like quite an early entry into the first left hand corner but it does actually pull you through tighter, so long as you dont mind whacking your wings or mirrors if you experiment. :lol:

Is there a big bump/dip/camber change from apex-exit at Park corner?

Bloody good solo laps. :clap:

If Gurd's/vw_singh reads this, is that similar to how the ratio's are with an FD gearbox? [:$]

3. GVK

Ratios in that are shorter than an FD by the sounds of it..

He said he was getting carried away and taking out the marker cones through hall bends :lol: Kerbs are very rough through there and as it was damp/icy Saturday it was a good idea to keep off them for the 3 inches saved..

4. GVK

Park is flat, I think you'll find he was lift off oversteering, you can hear the lift ;)

Spec 306 GTI6

My car is standard engine (soon to change hopefully!) with decat, magnex and an induction kit (for all the good it does?!), and a sore rev limiter. Currently running on kw variant 2 coilovers, with thicker arb and torsion bars at the back. Also soon to change to some GAZ double adjustables, as soon as I get them back (hopefully some rose jointed adj top mounts too)! Stripped out, SD cage, weighs in at approx 1030kg without driver. Has some AP brakes 295x28mm with 4 pot calipers (these are awesome, first time I used them at Cadwell) and yoko a048's on Team Dynamics wheels with melted inserts.

Edited by: GVK

5. GVK

6. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

True say about the lift but didn't think it would move that much because of it only being a very soft lift but then he does apply a lot more lock rapidly which then coaxes the rear around.

Although just thinking about it I was commenting about the first time we see Park corner (1:15) [:$]. A definate big lift second time (3:38), nearly became a clio special tank slapper as seen in the crash 6 video of the berg-cup action. :lol:

What speed can you get upto on the Park straight?

He must have hit one of those marker posts at 4:59 in the video by the sounds of it? :lol:

Sliding down through the Gooseneck looks cool. :p

From the BSB vid the circuit looks very smooth, no bumps or nasties other than the kerbs.

The first time I saw Cadwell was when JK was driving an Aston Martin V8 Vantage for Top Gear and slid it off on the exit of Mansfield I think it was. [:$]

7. GVK

We were talking about Park straight on Sat, on a good lap you can exit Charlies 2 at about 75-80mph in 4th gear, you go downhill still in 4th and get to the top end of 4th near the crest, I change up to 5th, and only see about 110 before braking :lol:

Odd. :lol:

There was a blue 205 there Saturday, I heard the lad saying he was doing 125 along there, hmmm that must've been the turbo'd one I think.

8. I V - mk1 16v Forum Member

The guy in the 306 is quite handy, i was having a chat with him at the ring and offered to let him follow me to see if i could help his lines at all, i think he had only done half dozen laps so far, (this was monday so i'd done about 15), but he had been muggung up on GT4. Anyway i got held up at the ticket barrier (stupid windows! [:$] ) and he went off about 30 sec to a min before me.

I thought i'd be back up with him in a few corners time but i didn't catch him up till the karrasel and did'nt pass til the spectator bit. I then sodded off for good measure thou' got to keep these pugs in their place. :lol:

9. superden Forum Addict

Great vid, some good laps put in there :thumbup:

He seems to like Park :lol:

Never been to Cadwell, but the more vids I see the more the urge is rising [8D]

Edit: Any pics of the 306 ?
    Edited by: superden

10. GVK