another Mk1 for me!!

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by rajmirch, Jan 14, 2004.

1. rajmirch Forum Member

Well boys, dispite not having had a job for 6 months and being down to my last 250.00 in the whole world .....I went and baught another MK1!!!! :o

Its an X reg, 1.1 2door with no sunroof. Has had a full respray in red but some FUKR has keyd a nice line from the rear all the way to the front wing on one side!!! :angry: the tailgate's been debadged and he's put a thisn strip of paint where the side trims go but i think i have a spare set somewhere!! It only has one key but it works for ALL the locks, the wipers and heater work to which is quite rare!!! it was a non runner though but she would fire up.

I spent 2 hrs on it yesterday and 3 today and have just got it to run and boy does it run sweet!!

Next up is a service and a pre MOT test to see what else she'll need. It came with a GTI interior thats pretty manky, one seat has a rip but it'll do. i have some spare BMW 14" alloys or some scala alloys that will go on. It also had 2 GTI arch trims in the boot and i have a spare set anyway so might just leave it as a gti replica and tery and get a 1.3 or just run it as a 1.1 for now!!!

Pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

greedy [:D]
    looks like a decent car 4 the dollar,just looky likey it need a bit of tidying.
    ps:loose the colour coded bumpers ;)
    and get another job! :lol:

3. rajmirch Forum Member

LOL. I know the bumpers dont look right. Whats worse is that i just binned the spare black one i had lying around!!!

I might rub down part of it so it looks like those German Pirelli edition ones

4. DarrenW Forum Junkie

Looks great for the money!

5. Rahul Forum Junkie

how much did it cost ya?

6. rajmirch Forum Member

Well, Rags, that depends on who's asking?? If it's my Parents then i say "20.00" but in reality it was 5 times that much.

Just been cleaning the GTI interior and fitted it, as well as fitting a seat belt on the drivers side cos the old one was torn. It also has a parcel shelf with NO HOLES and the rubber straps intact!!!! :lol:

7. MrBen Forum Junkie

Looks good for the money, and I'm sure you'll turn it into something interesting, on past record!

I think I'd go mad with no job for six months - what were you doing previously?

8. rajmirch Forum Member

I was doing It helpdesk analyst!!! but things are looking up got another interview on friday and 3 more to be confirmed next week!!!

9. ViCk Forum Member

Whata bargain! By the way, what engine is in ur green Mk1 in ur sig, coz I've seen it at a few meets and always wondered. Cheers.

10. rajmirch Forum Member

at the mo its' still a 1.1 but iam building a 1.9 8V on twin webber 40s

11. Riley

Riley Forum Addict

nice :clap: ,round up the webbers :lol:

12. ManicGTI Forum Member

woooo, cheekycheeky!

13. rajmirch Forum Member

well, I put it through a pre MOT test yesterday and they said that it needed a few things, but my main worry was the sills, both have been replaced but they said they were fine, It doesed some welding in the engine bay,a cv boot, and its leaking oil from the sump but apart from that she's pretty sound. I think i'll just add a few GTI type bits and some alloys and flog it or else i'm gonna have another money pit on my hands!!! [:s]