Another valver bites the dust....

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by Kozy, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Kozy Forum Member

Sounds good to me!

Lamposts should be made out of something soft at the bottom I reckon.

DN2, it is a gutting feeling. At least the engines not ruined, so I can still get some money from breaking it.

Spotted a nice '91 Driver earlier, might get that as a replacement. I'll lay off the fast cars for a while.

2. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

If you can write a mk2 off at 35mph then i get the feeling that fast cars aren't the issue. Unless you get a normally aspirated diesel mk1 - then you'll struggle to get it fast enough to write it off... ;)

3. David Number 2 Forum Member

yeah same with mine, the engines fine which was i was quite proud of to be honest considered i crashed it, and the fact both ours still ran aswell :) Mines still sat in someones garden, im hoping for a repair...You did exactly the same thing as me, lost grip in the wet and went straight on :(

4. SPERMBANK

SPERMBANK Forum Member

Ah the joys of front wheeled power!

5. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

I put my 8v into a ditch and fence at 50 and it looked notthing like that.... was on the road again not long after.

Is 35 a 'i was beeing good really.. not my fault' excuse? ;)

6. Kozy Forum Member

I was doing 35, although in all honesty 35 was way too fast for that particular patch of tarmac... :(

7. David Number 2 Forum Member

i was doing 35 aswell....must be a cursed speed!

8. Kozy Forum Member

Being off throttle was a big factor in this though, I'm normally on throttle going round that corner, and the car usually understeers slightly, and lifting off will bring it back into line. However, being off throttle and being still realtively inexpereinced, there was nothing I could do to make the car change direction.

I'm buying RWD next. :)

9. Hincey New Member

ouch! some nasty prangs there. reminds me of the time i wrote off my last car which was a rover 200. again, was coming down the road at around 35-40mph, hit an ice patch and it spat me off the road spinnin me round and smacked into a tree. this was the unique mod after...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

im sad that it happened definetely, but in a good way im glad it happened because it led me to my new car...a nice ickle mk3 golf [:D] hopefully this time i can keep it pointin the right way lol

Kozy, i definetley agree with you, RWD is the way forward lol

10. Kozy Forum Member

Shte thats bad! Take it you had no passenger?!

11. Hincey New Member

luckily no! i was on my way home from work at 5am from a night shift. found out later that the ice patch i hit was from a water leak that had been there for two weeks. that same morning severn trent came out to fix the leak...got some pics and put a claim in. just waiting to hear from them now [:D]

this sign just topped it off tho when i went to take some pics...

[​IMG]

12. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

Beeing off throttle didn't make that happen mate. If you where on throttle at the same speed you would have understeered more and then, when you let off, just understeered the same as if you'd been off throttle anyway.

The problem was going too fast for the road/car/conditions irrelevent of throttle.

13. Kozy Forum Member

Well thats how it worked every other day I go round that roundabout, if the car understeers, lifting off snaps it back round.

Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

14. vw_stu Forum Member

damn, that was 35-40 mph!! i`m never buying as rover!! the one of my golf on the previous page was done at about 70 mph. took the whole signpost out of the ground!!yet it caused relatively little damage.

should probably write to vag and congratulate them on making their cars from unobtanium!!