Any Forza 3 fans here?

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by DOOBY, Jan 2, 2011.

1. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

Just wondering as there are a few threads for GT5.

I downloaded the Community choice pack last night which contains some nice cars.
    An RS 500 Cosworth and a BMW 2002 Turbo to name a few.

I am loving the 2002 and have tuned it to D350, I've had a few laps of Maple Valley short which is my test track in the game. It's proving to be a little gem against other times submitted on the LB.

Highly recommended download :thumbup:

2. squidlegs Forum Member

It's such an amazing game, the driving physics are spot on, I've stopped playing it lately because of GT5, but that's just because I have things to do on it.

I downloaded pretty much everything for Forza 2, but recently I'm too stingy to fork out actual money for cars and tracks etc.

Truly awesome though, I have so many cars because I'll earn about 300k and buy something else and max it out. I'm useless at saving up!!

I've given up with online play on any racing games because you get some jealous chav bin you as soon as you take the lead away from them, just get sick and tired with it all

3. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

I know what you're saying squidlegs, I've just come back to the game after several months out but I do race only with my usual friends which eliminates the chance of some to$$er, f***ing your game up!

Feel free to add me as a friend and get some quality racing in. GT is; II DOOBY II

For years I was a Grand Tourismo fanboy of the PS but they did too much messing with the game and the waiting put me right off, I bought an Xbox 4 years ago and made the choice of sticking with MS, I have since bought 4 consoles, each being the elite and only yesterday made the choice to upgrade to the 250GB unit as Blockbuster did a good deal. I was contemplating the PS3 but again, decided to stick with MS.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  4. tucan New Member

i am the master

5. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

I know you are mate :thumbup:

6. superden Forum Addict

I've not bought the Community Choice pack yet, must get round to it for the RS500 and the 2002 Turbo.

7. AndyRhino

AndyRhino Forum Junkie

i am lucky enough to own both consoles and both games in question and must say after always being a GT boy, i think forza may be better, graphics arent as good, but there are alot of features gran turismo lacks:

extended HUD when you press UP
    brake upgrades
    engine and drivetrain swaps
    decent damage
    class system
    VW CORRADO!!!

plus the triggers on the xbox are better than those on the ps3 making throttle and brake control easier.

im still a PS3 man, but forza makes the xbox worth having.

8. Jaundice

Jaundice Forum Member

Forza p*sses all over GT5 from a great height, for many reasons, GT just went for headlines like 1000 cars in the game, how many can you actually access though and who the hell wants to race a 2CV any way?

Traction control has to be turned off at the start of most races (even on classic cars that would never have had it in the first place) but not all?

The physics just feel so much more real on Forza, GT is way too arcadey for a "Real Driving Simulator"

Damage, nuff said.

I'm really cheesed off by the whole thing, I remember the original Gran Turismo and what a revolution it was, my Mitsubishi GTO twin turbo was the best car I ever "virtually" owned and now with all the technology improvements since the original playstation then the 5yr wait and now nothing but dissapointment.

Forza 4 will be along soon though:thumbup:

9. squidlegs Forum Member

10. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

The pics of mk2's look great!!!

11. squidlegs Forum Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    one for funsies
    [​IMG]

Got borbet a's on the mk2 now, and my reg plate (geek)[:$] just as I want it in real life!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  12. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Does it have mk5 Golf and the nurburgring?

13. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

Yes to both ;)

14. nealey Forum Junkie

I havnt played forza 3 for ages, saw they have bought the new pack out which I would buy but my xbox is on the blink and my laptop is following closely