Anyone got a Mk1 with a dodgy aftermarket sunroof?

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by PhatVR6, Feb 14, 2007.

1. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I know this is a common problem and seeing as new roofskins are getting a bit unobtainlable I think I may have a solution for one of you.

Bascially,I've just removed the sunroof from my corrado. At the time of buying the car I thought it had had the passat glass panel fitted. Turned out it wasn't, it was an aftermarket item (the horror!!) fitted 2 weeks before the car was even regstered.

Made by Hollandia Sunroofs, it's a glass panel, electric, tilt and slide, chromolux green tint glass, with a total closure facility too. Pretty fancy bit of kit, bloody expensive when new apparently, but no use to me as I'm going for a track car and it weighs just too much. (20KG's at a guess)

I'll get some dimensions of it, but it's pretty big, so I'm sure it'd fill in any horrible rusty hole you might have in your existing roof.

Fitting should be easy, it just glues to the roof skin and has a couple of supports to rivet in.

Haven't put it in the classifieds as I don't really know what to do with it, it was just an idea so I'm seeing if it's any use to anyone on here before it goes in the bin.

2. fthaimike Forum Addict

3. Claypole Forum Junkie

My MK1 Storm has one by the same company cost 950.00 back in around 1982. :o

All it's done is rot the scuttle panel away from the inside, waste of money tbh. [:^(]

4. alanbe2 Paid Member Paid Member

Me too, and for what it's worth sealing out the bad weather, it might as well not be there :(

Al